Chicken Salad Recipes
Chicken can be used in all types of salads, such as pasta or a green salad. This page contains healthy chicken recipes.
Basil and Parmesan Chicken Salad
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic, or more to taste
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste, if desired
Puree the mayonnaise, basil and garlic in a blender or food processor.
Toss chicken, celery, pureed mixture and Parmesan in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
Cajun Spiced Chicken Salad
This is yummy to use for butter lettuce or flour tortilla wraps!
- 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, or more to taste
- 2 Tbsp. prepared mustard
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- salt to taste
Bring water to a boil in a pot, add chicken, reduce heat to low and poach until no longer pink in the center, about 15 to 20 minutes, remove from water, let cool and then dice.
Mix the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, paprika, and chili powder in a large bowl, gently stir in the eggs, celery, onion, and diced chicken.
Season with hot sauce and salt to taste, cover and chill for at least one hour to allow flavors meld.