Broccoli Chicken Salad Recipes
These two ingredients are a great combination in hot or cold dishes. This page contains healthy chicken recipes.
Excellent way to use up leftover chicken and other ingredients we often have in the kitchen. Last night I wanted to use up broccoli stems and had some cubed canned chicken a neighbor gave me and I actually liked using the stems more than the florets 😉 I sliced the stems in a food processor.
Broccoli Chicken Salad
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets cut in bite size pieces (or very thinly sliced stems)
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. sunflower kernels, salted or unsalted
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled if desired
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
Combine the first five ingredients in a bowl.
Combine the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar in a small bowl and add to chicken mixture. Toss well, cover and refrigerate until serving.
Broccoli Slaw Chicken Salad
- 1 12 oz bag of fresh broccoli slaw ($2.00)
- 6 Tbsp light mayo
- 1 13 oz can of chicken in water
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Drain and flake your canned chicken in a big bowl.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the flaked chicken in the bowl.
- Mix everything. Add more mayo and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap or lid and store in fridge. Salad gets better as it sits for a day or two. Lasts a week.